The sourcecode of JayData can be found on Github, this is essential to get, because the release version (published on JayData CodePlex page) is optimezed to implement applications using JayData, not to develop JayData itself.
What to contribute
The core development team implements the Roadmap and picks new feature requests from the Product backlog. You – as a community devteam member – are welcome to join the development of Product backlog items, implement your own feature ideas, optimalizations or custom providers.
- Look around before you begin:
- If you don’t have idea but you are eager to code, check the JayData Product backlog to find challenging development tasks
- If you have a new idea, post your feature to the Product backlog to share your in-progress development on JayData.org, probably doing so will involve more developers to contribute to your feature.
- The core development team uses Visual Studio 11. Install Visual Studio to experience the same Intellisense feeling or use your favourite IDE/text editor.
- Register on Github (we recommend you to indicate your Github username on your JayData profile page)
- Set up Github on your computer
- Windows tutorial: http://help.github.com/win-set-up-git/
- Mac tutorial: http://help.github.com/mac-set-up-git/
- Linux tutorial: http://help.github.com/linux-set-up-git/
- Github forking tutorial: http://help.github.com/fork-a-repo/
- To run the unit tests, go the Solution Explorer of Visual Studio and navigate to test.html file of the JayData project. Right-click and choose View in browser.
- Opening this page runs the qunit tests, the expected result is a nice green/blue screen :) Unit tests should pass on each HTML-compatible browsers (including Safari Mobile and Android Browser). The only case when a red test is acceptable is when the browser doesn’t implement the storage technology of the currently tested provider. For example Safari doesn’t support IndexedDB.
- Commit comments should containt the description of the change in order to help the merging the code and writing the relese notes. You can add here the URL of the Product backlog item you implemented.